It’s time! Time for another update I mean. I’ve been slacking AGAIN. But here we go, back in December I completed my Masters in Library and Information Studies from Florida State University. WOOT! All done. No more horrible group work, no more annoying online crap, now onto paying my bills. HA. Not. I didn’t walk as I saw that to be completely pointless and I didn’t want to go to Tallahassee for it. The last couple semesters were pretty much torture for me as I was so over school and wanted to find a better paying job. Which leads me to the next part of my update…
I got a job! Like a real paying, not working late at night, a regular 9-5, full time LIBRARIAN job. YES! So soon after I graduated? I know. I couldn’t believe it. I chalk up a lot if not all of it to luck. It just had to be the right time and right place. A week before my 6mo probation popped up, the full time librarian position became available. I expected this to be a learning experience. Go through the process, the assessments, if I was lucky enough, the interview. It was all wham-bam-thank you-ma’am. Within about 1.5 month I received the offer and started promptly two weeks later. Thank my lucky stars, as I wasn’t going to get a loan to help pay the bills; but had now acquired a full time paying job. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I’m a rich bitch where I’m making it rain. I’ve been trying to be the responsible adult and catch up on bills, save money for upcoming trips, and saving up for another event. Which leads up to the last little ditty in my update…
I’m engaged! Yeah, you heard that right. Dave asked me to marry him on Christmas Eve. I’ve been telling everyone it happened Christmas day so I don’t have to explain too much. We had to go travelling the next day, so we he didn’t want me to feel rushed. Safe to say, I said yes and I am completely in love with the ring and of course Dave. 😉 I’ll probably start planning sometime after April as we have three weddings to attend and I hope I’ll get some ideas then. The details I’ve figure out is to have it sometime in the Fall in 2015. I think September or October is a safe bet. As of right now, I’m doing research on budgeting, planning, venues, and colors. The only colors I came up with are grey, green, maybe brown, and some light purples. Obviously I need to trim that down a bit, but it’s just too hard and time consuming.
I’ll try to update more as I have more time on my hands. It is a good amount of sitting and being on the computer.
So, that new year’s resolution failed…like epically failed. Well, we’ll try again. I am perpetually updating this blog. Let’s start:
- Dave got a new job. He was super unhappy with BKC, and when Hiro offered him the GM job at Dfly, he jumped into it with open arms. Ok, probably, not with open arms. It’s Dave we’re talking about here. After multiple meetings with the higher ups, he is 2-3 weeks away from completing training and becoming the big man. He is super happy and that’s all that matter. It’s his dream to open his own restaurant, doing this GM gig will probably help more than he knows.
- I’m on the hunt for a new job. If one remembers, when Dave took the GM position at Rolls n’ Bowls, I went over the Dfly. It was just healthier for our relationship if I didn’t work with him. We can chalk most of that to me being super immature and being mad at him for telling me what to do. HELLO!? I’m your girlfriend not your employee, I thought. Wrong. So, now that Dave is the Gm at Dfly, I’ve been interviewing at the UF library and county libraries. It looks promising, but I don’t want to jinx myself just yet. I’m little scared to try something new. I’ve been with Dfly for the last 5.5 years, and that place is my security blanket. Everyone loves me, what if the new place doesn’t? I would say I’m just a tad worried, but not overly stressing out. I am torn between academic libraries and public libraries. I believe in what public libraries are doing, however, I feel like I’ll be more challenged in an academic library setting. I’m confused, and time is running out for me to decide where my career path should be heading.
- I am taking summer classes this year. As much as I dislike summer classes, these two classes I’m taking are only offered in the summer. The two classes I’m taking are graphic novels and storytelling. I am enjoying both classes so far, as these are the most fun and least technical classes I’ve ever taking in my MLIS career.
- Pearl is back from Italy and is in love. She says she wants to move to Buenos Aires next year…and Dave’s sister is moving to B.A next year too. If we go visit both our sisters, we’d have to bring Pauline along so we can all be together in South America!
- Speaking of Pauline…she got into pharmacy school! She’ll be attending Midwestern University in Chicago. My parents are worried, but I am just so happy and proud of her. I knew she could do it! Making Pearl and I look bad…haha. I know my baby sister is all grown up and she’ll do great and make us even prouder than we are now.
Well, that’s it for now. I’ll try to blog more often…I’m on the internet for a long periods of time everyday; might as well do something useful with my time.
It’s been awhile. I always say that. I hope I never say it again and keep up with the blog. So, what’s new? I applied for the UPF internship again. Again, I did not get it. I took the GRE. I bombed it. At first, I was really upset. I was upset because I thought doing well on the GRE would show me the way, the way to a new life. Alas, I picked the wrong thing to show me the way again. I thought it would prove to myself that I can make it through grad school. The tears that I cried for the GRE did not represent the failing of it, but everything else that failed. The failing of the internship, the failing of being able to find another job, the failing of not have a good enough reason to get out of or stay in Gainesville. The tears that I cried were tears of failure. Failings of everything that I have tried or done.
I made apple pie. I burnt the crust.
Sorry, it’s not much of an update. I’ll try again another day.
Filed under Home, Life, Work
I’m on the verge of shutting down and giving up on life. The people who mean most to me want to help me or have tried helping me, but I’m not doing anything about it. I’m taking everything for granted, but I don’t know how to motivate myself to become better. I find myself angry and mad all the time now. I find little to nothing to get me out of this rut. I can try and try, but no to avail. I know this doesn’t make any kind of sense. But, I just can feel myself shutting down and I’m scared it’s going to become not caring anymore. I have officially become a waste of space. Way to go me.
So, after the post I wrote on Wednesday about not being smarter than a fifth grader, the day got progressively worst. I went to work where later on I realized I had misplaced my ID and I came home with a raging a fever. I am still suffering.
I find myself becoming more and more discouraged with what I have become. Here I am very dependent on the SO. I don’t want to go into details quite yet because I don’t believe I have come to terms with that fact.
I’m going to sum it up as: I’m so sick of life.
It’s been awhile. I’m sorry. Life has a way of doing that to you. Today, I took the Elementary Education Certification Test. I failed. I think I miserably failed. That’s what I get for listening to people who are teachers telling you that it was easy. Let me tell you, it was not. At least I took a productive step in doing something about my life. I can only hope that it will come into fruition. I am kind of embarrassed that I didn’t pass though. I thought it would be common knowledge, but it was much more in depth than I thought. I have to wait 31 days to retake it. Hopefully, it won’t be so bad the second time around.
The SO hopes the restaurant he manages franchises to Orlando. I hope so too. I can’t wait to get out of Gainesville and into a bigger city. And, maybe, just maybe I can finally get out of the restaurant biz.
I’m also sorry I haven’t been baking lately. I’m trying to pay off my credit card, so I am sacrificing baking for a while. =(
So, we all know about my trials and tribulations about becoming a teacher. I went through that long process and money to find out that I have to take tests to become fully certified. No problem there. I expect to be tested to make sure that I am sane enough to do this. Now, I find out that there are hiring freezes for teachers in the state of Florida. Well, good job there! Man, this sucks. So, my next plan is I am getting into grad school for education. Some of you may be saying that’s a bad idea because how would that help me? I would be prolong (once again) my entry to the job world. Stats say that grad school applications increases as the economy goes down. I am a part of that stat. I have been studying for the GRE in the process and it’s going ok. I’m doing a chapter a week and studying vocab during.
I need to find a better job because I am working less shifts at work because we are overstaffed. I am already pretty mad over the situation in the hostess department. I know I shouldn’t be mad because it’s my career and I really shouldn’t care; but I do care. I put a lot of effort in whatever job that I do and I do care a good amount. At this moment in time, I wish I didn’t though. I keep on getting taken advantage and sometimes I feel pretty much useless and stupid. I hate feeling like that and I don’t think anyone else does either. And because I haven’t been making as money as I normally do, I cannot afford the luxury of baking as much. I know, sad. I can only hope someone gets voted off the island (not me), and/or find a better job. Who knows. The plan is to be out of Gainesville by the time the lease ends (July?). I can only hope I don’t shoot myself in the foot by moving and not have a concrete plan by the time I get there.
Let’s up for the best and more baking!